Visiting Everest Base Camp is one of those experiences that seems to be on the bucket list of all who enjoy the great outdoors – no surprises there.
Over the years, Mount Everest has captured the imaginations of thousands, if not millions of people. So whilst you might not be up for an attempt at its summit, the prospect of stepping into Base Camp surrounded by some of the world’s highest mountains is not one to be sniffed at.
With that said, we’ve teamed up with Intrepid Travel to offer one lucky person the chance to win an Everest Base Camp trip, including flights.
The trip is made up of a strenuous 12-day hike at altitudes reaching over 5,500m, with up to eight hours of trekking each day. There’s no hiding it’s a challenging experience, but it’s also the adventure of a lifetime.
A handful of the highlights (it’s hard to narrow it down as there are so many) include seeing the magnificent Himalayas from the sky on the flight to Lukla, exploring beautiful valleys and of courses stepping into Base Camp itself, a place of such excitement and history.
Click to discover more about Intrepid Travel’s incredible Everest Base Camp trip.
How to enter
All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize is answer the following question correctly:
Terms and conditions
- All entries must be received by midnight 25 January 2018. No entry details submitted after this time will be valid.
- Entry is open to residents of UK, but excludes employees of Intrepid Travel, their immediate families, anyone connected professionally with the prize draw, or any person where entering this competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
- The competition is free to enter – no purchase is necessary. By entering the competition, you agree to receive the Intrepid Travel email newsletter. This is free to receive, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- The prize is for one person to travel on our Everest Base Camp tour, and includes flights from the winner’s nearest international airport.
- There is a minimum age of 18 to travel on the Intrepid prize
- The Intrepid prize must be booked within 12 weeks of the competition closing and travel within 12 months of the booking date. No extensions are available.
- If a winner doesn’t claim a prize within 28 days of being notified, or if a winner isn’t available to take up the prize, we may award the prize to another entrant (or not award the prize at all) without liability to the winner.
- Not included in the Intrepid prize is travel insurance, any additional meals or accommodation not included in the itinerary, spending money or any travel visas required.
- The prizes are strictly non-transferable to another person, trip or redeemable for cash.
- The prize is subject to availability at time of booking. Some trips must meet minimum number requirements prior to confirmation. If a trip that the winner has booked does not reach its minimum number requirement, the winner will be informed and will have the opportunity to transfer to another departure or a trip of equal value.
- The winner must book the Intrepid prize directly with the Intrepid Travel by calling 0808 274 5111 quoting the winning promo code which will be sent to the winner.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any required visas, vaccinations and travel documentation.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all those who entered the competition, and they will be notified by email by the organisers within 14 days of the closing date.
- Only one entry per person will be available.
- Intrepid Travel’s decision is final.
- Intrepid Travel and its affiliates reserve the right to amend or withdraw the prize draw and any of the prizes in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.